This Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup with Cauliflower Rice is made in just one pot and takes under an hour to get dinner on the table. This paleo-friendly soup is hearty, comforting, and incredibly healthy. Perfect for meal prep, too!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups green cabbage (about 1 small head), chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4–6 cups beef broth (I used beef bone broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the ground beef and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Brown the ground beef, then add in the minced garlic, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, and paprika. Cook for 1 minute. Add in the cabbage, cauliflower rice, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, beef broth, and the bay leaf. Start with 4 cups of broth and add more if needed. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover partially with a lid. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Turn the heat off, then remove the bay leaf and add the coconut aminos. Taste to adjust seasoning if needed.
- Using a ladle, serve into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.
Keywords: cabbage roll soup, one pot recipes, dinner recipes, soup, paleo, cauliflower rice