Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Cabbage Roll Soup with Cauliflower Rice is made in just one pot and takes under an hour to get dinner on the table. This paleo-friendly soup is hearty, comforting, and incredibly healthy. Perfect for meal prep, too!
GUYS. This soup is completely HUBBY APPROVED. He doesn’t like cabbage, and he typically doesn’t like cauliflower either, but he loved this soup. So if you don’t like cabbage, give this soup a try! It’s so good and is packed full of nutritious detox supporting, immune-boosting, and cancer-fighting vegetables! Not to mention the sulfur content in this soup due to the cruciferous vegetables is a complete beauty superfood!
In addition to its comforting flavor, I also love this One Pot Cabbage Roll Soup with Cauliflower Rice recipe because it is:
- Easy: Super simple ingredients, one pot, and under an hour to make.
- Healthy: Cabbage and cauliflower are cruciferous vegetables that support detox and cancer-fighting superfoods.
- Freezer friendly: I freeze this recipe for meal prep all the time! I like to use reusable glass containers.
- Perfect for cold/flu: It’s great to have stocked in the wintertime for a warm, comforting meal.
Here’s another soup to have stocked in wintertime: Healing Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup
WHAT WILL YOU NEED FOR THIS ONE POT CABBAGE ROLL SOUP WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE?
- Beef bone broth: Bone broth is rich in immune-boosting and gut-healing amino acids. My favorite brand is Bonafide Provisions. You can find it in the freezer section or you can get it on Amazon here. The ingredients are incredible and they are certified organic. You can use regular beef broth, just be careful to read the ingredients, because regular beef broth typically contains ingredients like caramel color, yeast extract, and unnecessary additives.
- Avocado oil: A healthy and clean eating cooking oil. It has a high smoke point, unlike olive oil. Get it on Amazon here.
- Vegetables: You will need a yellow onion, carrots, green cabbage, and riced cauliflower. You can find cauliflower rice at your local health food store. I get mine in the freezer section. You could also just grate fresh cauliflower or pulse it in the food processor.
- Grass-fed beef: Ground beef is needed for this soup. I get high-quality grass-fed meat delivered to my door with ButcherBox.
- Canned tomatoes: I used tomato sauce, tomato paste, and crushed tomatoes in this recipe. I like Muir Glen organic tomatoes because they are canned within 8 hours of picking and have BPA free liners in their cans.
- Garlic and spices: What recipe of mine doesn’t include garlic? Also, there’s dried oregano, thyme, and paprika for lots of good flavor and antioxidants.
- Coconut Aminos: Used for some extra flavor at the end, but not absolutely necessary. Coconut Aminos are a paleo-friendly soy sauce alternative. Get it on Amazon here.
WANT TO TRY THIS ONE POT CABBAGE ROLL SOUP WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE?
Pin to your dinner, soup, or healthy recipe board to save for later!
Find me on PINTEREST for more great recipes, and wellness tips!
If you try this recipe, take a photo and tag me @purelyflourish on Instagram. I’d love to see your recreations!!Print
This Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup with Cauliflower Rice is made in just one pot and takes under an hour to get dinner on the table. This paleo-friendly soup is hearty, comforting, and incredibly healthy. Perfect for meal prep, too!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups green cabbage (about 1 small head), chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4–6 cups beef broth (I used beef bone broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the ground beef and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Brown the ground beef, then add in the minced garlic, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, and paprika. Cook for 1 minute. Add in the cabbage, cauliflower rice, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, beef broth, and the bay leaf. Start with 4 cups of broth and add more if needed. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cover partially with a lid. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Turn the heat off, then remove the bay leaf and add the coconut aminos. Taste to adjust seasoning if needed.
- Using a ladle, serve into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.
Keywords: cabbage roll soup, one pot recipes, dinner recipes, soup, paleo, cauliflower rice