This Mediterranean inspired chickpea tuna salad is a quick and easy no-cook recipe. Throw it together in 10 minutes and call it a meal. It’s light, delicious, and incredibly healthy.
- 5 ounce can wild-caught albacore tuna, drained
- 15 ounce can cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 ounces kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Drain the tuna and chop it into bite-size chunks if needed. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Combine all of the ingredients except the romaine lettuce into a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then serve over romaine lettuce. You can chop the romaine or use them as lettuce wraps. Enjoy!
I encourage everyone to opt for certified organic ingredients as much as possible to avoid toxic pesticides like glyphosate.