Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Mediterranean inspired chickpea tuna salad is a quick and easy no-cook recipe. Throw it together in 10 minutes and call it a meal. It’s light but still filling, delicious, and incredibly healthy.
ALL ABOUT THIS MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA TUNA AVOCADO SALAD:
In addition to its incredible flavor, I also love this salad because it is:
- Easy + Pantry Staples: Only a few simple pantry ingredients and fresh produce.
- Quick: Takes just a few minutes to make!
- Healthy: Filled with real, whole-food ingredients. Rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, omega 3s, amino acids, antioxidants, and healthy fats. This salad is anti-inflammatory, good for the gut, great for the skin, boosts immunity, brain function, and eye health.
- Versatile: You could always add in more vegetables, herbs, or anything else you’d like.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU NEED + HEALTH BENEFITS
- Wild-Caught Albacore Tuna: Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna is my choice for tuna because it is the only brand to test every tuna fish for mercury. Tuna is rich in omega 3 fatty acids to protect and boost brain function, eye health, and reduce inflammation. Tuna is full of essential proteins for proper immune function, and detoxification. It is also very high in vitamin B12 which is vital for just about everything. It’s incredibly important for healthy methylation.
- Chickpeas: Also known as garbanzo beans, they are a good source of fiber, iron, zinc, and folate. They help to balance blood sugars and provide complex carbohydrates for satiety.
- Feta Cheese: This is my favorite pasture-raised organic feta cheese. Feta is rich in calcium, helps to protect bones, contains proteins that boost immune health, and provides probiotics for gut health.
- Avocado: Avocado brings a rich creaminess to this salad. You can leave it out if you want. Avocados are rich in healthy fats, fiber, potassium, and magnesium!
- Olives: I used a mix between kalamata and green olives. They’re a great healthy fat and an incredible source of protective antioxidants.
- Cucumber: English cucumbers are my favorite. They don’t even need to be peeled. That means more fiber and nutrition! Cucumbers are high in water content for hydration, antioxidants, and silica, which is great for skin and gut health.
- Green Bell Pepper: Classic. Bell peppers are a great source of vitamin C, and… Antioxidants! You see, fresh fruits and vegetables are MEDICINE!
- Red Onion: Red onions are high in anthocyanin antioxidants and quercetin!
- Cherry Tomatoes: I just love cherry tomatoes, but you could use a regular salad tomato, or a Roma tomato even. Use what you have. 🙂 Tomatoes are high in lycopene, an antioxidant.
- Romaine Lettuce: Romaine is great in this salad. You can chop the romaine or leave it whole to use as lettuce cups.
- Homemade Dressing: Olive oil. I love this cold-pressed unrefined extra virgin olive oil. Lemon juice, dried oregano, Celtic sea salt, and black pepper.
Need grocery delivery? Consider Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market for fresh dairy and produce, Thrive Market for pantry essentials, and ButcherBox for high-quality organic and pasture-raised meat selections.
TIPS FOR THIS SALAD RECIPE:
You can add anything you like to make this salad your own! For example, add some sunflower seeds for crunch, add some fresh dill, parsley… The options are endless. But, it is delicious just how the recipe is written.
HOW TO MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
This salad is freshest when you make it just before serving, but you can prep it the night before if necessary. Just wait to mix in the romaine right before serving.
HOW LONG TO KEEP LEFTOVERS?
You can keep the leftovers refrigerated for a day or two in an airtight container like these reusable glass containers.
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Chef’s Knife: This Victorinox Pro Chef’s Knife is THE BEST and sharpest Chef’s Knife under $50 I have found. I love mine and use it every single day.
- Vegetable Peeler: If you decide to peel your cucumber, this is my favorite type of veggie peeler! So easy and fast!
- Cutting Board: A Bamboo Cutting Board is a great kitchen tool for every single meal!
- Glass Containers: If you have leftovers, always opt for reusable glass containers.
- Citrus Squeezer: I love my citrus squeezer. I use it every day!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Avocado Kale Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas
- Chopped Salmon Avocado Dill Salad
- Creamy Herb Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Fresh Blueberry Watermelon Mint Salad with a Hint of Lime
- Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Fresh Herbs
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
Don’t forget to pin this delicious recipe to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST for more great recipes, and wellness tips!
If you try this recipe, please tag me @PURELYFLOURISH on Instagram. I’d love to see your recreations!!Print
This Mediterranean inspired chickpea tuna salad is a quick and easy no-cook recipe. Throw it together in 10 minutes and call it a meal. It’s light, delicious, and incredibly healthy.
- 5 ounce can wild-caught albacore tuna, drained
- 15 ounce can cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 ounces kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Drain the tuna and chop it into bite-size chunks if needed. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Combine all of the ingredients except the romaine lettuce into a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then serve over romaine lettuce. You can chop the romaine or use them as lettuce wraps. Enjoy!
I encourage everyone to opt for certified organic ingredients as much as possible to avoid toxic pesticides like glyphosate.