These savory mashed sweet potatoes are an incredibly delicious and creamy side dish for any time of the week or for a special occasion. Sweet potatoes contain healing antioxidants and are rich in vitamin A which promotes healthy eyes and immunity. These are also great spread on top of my Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie recipe.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup pasture-raised butter or ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy-free milk works as well)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs like parsley or chives to garnish
- Bring a large pot of filtered water to boil over high heat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. I like using a Y-peeler.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and place them into the pot of boiling water. Cook the potatoes for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes over a colander, then place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and then mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add the melted butter or ghee, and the milk into the bowl with the potatoes and mix until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs like parsley, and enjoy!
- Instead of mashing the potatoes manually, you could add in the cooked sweet potatoes, butter, and milk into a high speed blender or food processer and blend for a super smooth and creamy consistency.
- Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.