Magnesium used topically is an awesome way to absorb magnesium to help prevent deficiencies, calm muscles, boost digestion, and to relax the mind. This DIY Calming Magnesium Body Butter recipe is only 6 ingredients, and it should last a really long time, because a little goes a long way.
- In a double boiler, add in the shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. Mix until fully melted and combined.
- Add in the magnesium oil, mix well.
- Remove from the heat and chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until the sides start to harden a bit.
- Add in the essential oils of your choice.
- Using a hand mixer, mix on high speed for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Pour into a container with a secure lid. Chill for 20 minutes.
Magnesium oil can sometimes irritate the skin a bit, so be mindful especially if using this body butter on freshly shaved legs. Although, I haven’t had any issues. 🙂
Keywords: body butter, magnesium, diy