This is my go-to method with making homemade spaghetti squash noodles. Spaghetti squash is great as a side dish or incorporated into your favorite recipes. It’s a healthy alternative to regular pasta if you’re trying to get more vegetables into your diet.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Be careful doing this, spaghetti squash is very tough. Scoop out the seeds, then drizzle the inside of the spaghetti squash with avocado oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until slightly browned, and fork-tender. Depending on the size of your squash, the time will vary.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash cut side up. When cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the strands of spaghetti squash noodles.
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.