These Smoky Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings are definitely a favorite. Complete with a homemade honey-sweetened barbecue sauce, smoked paprika, and a few other healthy ingredients, these sheet pan wings are quick and easy to make.
- 2 pounds chicken wings, preferably free-range organic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh chopped chives, for topping
FOR THE HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400°F, then line sheet pan(s) with parchment paper.
- Wash the chicken wings and pat dry very well with a towel, then coat the wings in the avocado oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the sheet pan, then place in the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce. In a small bowl or measuring cup, add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, coconut aminos, raw honey, apple cider vinegar, and spices. Mix well. Add in 2 tablespoons of water, adding more if needed until desired consistency. Sprinkle in sea salt, and black pepper, to taste.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and brush the barbecue sauce onto the wings, coating both sides very well. Put back into the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F.
- If desired, brush any remaining barbecue sauce onto the wings and broil, while watching closely, for a couple of minutes in the end.
- Remove from the oven, top with chopped chives, and enjoy by themselves or with a couple of sides.
I encourage everyone to opt for certified organic ingredients as much as possible to avoid toxic pesticides like glyphosate.
Keywords: barbecue, bbq, chicken wings, honey, main course, sheet pan