This crazy good Beef Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry is guilt-free and incredibly addicting. This is what you call a clean and healthy version of your favorite takeout.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 3–4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup beef broth (I used beef bone broth)
- Spring onions and fresh herbs like cilantro, to garnish.
- Make the stir-fry sauce. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk to combine the coconut aminos and arrowroot starch until dissolved. Stir in the honey and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the thinly sliced beef with the arrowroot starch, and a pinch of salt and pepper until fully coated.
- Heat one tablesoon avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the beef in a single layer. You might need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook for a few minutes until the beef is browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside, covered. In the same skillet, add the remaining avocado oil along with the broccoli and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes, add the garlic and cook another 60 seconds. Pour in the beef broth, then scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, but not mushy. Add the reserved beef back into the skillet with the stir-fry sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice, and garnish with fresh herbs and spring onions. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.