Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This crazy good Beef Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry is completely guilt-free and incredibly addicting. This is what you call a clean and healthy version of your favorite takeout. Get a healthy but delicious dinner on the table in minutes with these simple and minimal ingredients, and fewer dishes to clean up.
We, love, stir-frys. It’s the only way I can get my hubby to eat AND enjoy broccoli. There’s just something so comforting about this recipe. Is it because it’s a healthy version of takeout? Is it because of the garlicky, umami flavor? Is it because… Well, I think everything about it makes it just SO. GOOD.
In addition to its crazy good flavor, I also love this Beef Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry recipe because it is:
- Easy: Just a few simple ingredients and a homemade stir-fry sauce. One skillet. Done.
- Healthy: This is a guilt-free version of your favorite takeout. Clean, healthy, and incredibly nourishing. Eat up!
- Customizable: Add in extras if you’d like! You could add some onion or thinly sliced carrots… Use up what you have!
- Freezer-friendly: I freeze this recipe for meal prep all the time! I like to use reusable glass containers.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED FOR THIS HEALTHY BEEF BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOM STIR-FRY?
- Grass-fed steak: Flank steak or strip steak is good in stir-fry recipes. I get high-quality grass-fed meat delivered to my door with ButcherBox.
- Avocado oil: A healthy and clean eating cooking oil. It has a high smoke point, unlike olive oil. Get it on Amazon here.
- Vegetables: You’ll need lots of fresh broccoli florets. You could use frozen too, but keep in mind they will cook a lot faster. You’ll also need some mushrooms. I like baby bella shrooms.
- Beef bone broth: Bone broth is rich in immune-boosting and gut-healing amino acids. My favorite brand is Bonafide Provisions. You can find it in the freezer section or you can get it on Amazon here. The ingredients are incredible and they are certified organic.
- Garlic: So, much, garlic = the best flavor. Garlic is high in sulfur which is a glutathione booster. This helps to detoxify your body.
- Coconut aminos: The best clean eating and paleo-friendly soy sauce alternative. Get it on Amazon here.
- Arrowroot starch: A cornstarch alternative used to thicken the stir-fry sauce. Get it on Amazon here.
- Local honey: Just a couple tablespoons of honey is needed for the stir-fry sauce. The end result doesn’t taste like honey at all, promise. It’s to sweeten just a bit to make all the flavors come together.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI
- Antioxidant-rich: Broccoli is an incredible source of vitamin C and vitamin A. It helps to counteract the damage caused by free radicals.
- Fiber-rich: Broccoli is a good source of fiber that enhances gut health and digestion, and balances blood sugar.
- Healthy skin: Sulforaphane found in broccoli helps to repair skin damage, while high levels of vitamins C and A help to prevent collagen breakdown and wrinkles.
- Detoxification: Thanks to isothiocyanates and sulfur compounds, the nutrients in broccoli support the liver with phase 1 and phase 2 detox, which helps the body deal with and eliminate toxins from food and from the environment.
- Cancer-prevention: Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli have been shown to prevent cancer.
- Healthy vision: Great source of lutein and zeaxanthin, which have been shown to prevent vision issues and protect the eyes.
- Improved fertility: Broccoli is an amazing source of folate for improved fertility and essential for a healthy baby.
WANT TO TRY THIS HEALTHY BEEF BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOM STIR-FRY?
Pin to your dinner or healthy recipe board to save for later!
Find me on PINTEREST for more great recipes, and wellness tips!
If you try this recipe, please tag me @purelyflourish on Instagram. I’d love to see your recreations!!Print
This crazy good Beef Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry is guilt-free and incredibly addicting. This is what you call a clean and healthy version of your favorite takeout.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 3–4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup beef broth (I used beef bone broth)
- Spring onions and fresh herbs like cilantro, to garnish.
- Make the stir-fry sauce. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk to combine the coconut aminos and arrowroot starch until dissolved. Stir in the honey and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the thinly sliced beef with the arrowroot starch, and a pinch of salt and pepper until fully coated.
- Heat one tablesoon avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the beef in a single layer. You might need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook for a few minutes until the beef is browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside, covered. In the same skillet, add the remaining avocado oil along with the broccoli and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes, add the garlic and cook another 60 seconds. Pour in the beef broth, then scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, but not mushy. Add the reserved beef back into the skillet with the stir-fry sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice, and garnish with fresh herbs and spring onions. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.