This Chicken Quinoa Vegetable soup is a healthy immune-boosting, gut healing, and anti-inflammatory comfort food. It’s ready in under 30 minutes for the perfect weeknight dinner and can be meal prepped and frozen.
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound pasture-raised chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2-inch piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6–8 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 large handful’s fresh baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Fresh herbs like cilantro or mint, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the the chicken thighs to the pot and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook another 2 minutes. Add the rinced quinoa and cook for 1 minute, letting the quinoa soak up the flavor. Pour in 6 cups of chicken bone broth, adding more if needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks, then return the chicken back to the pot along with the fresh spinach.
- Allow the spinach to wilt a bit, then remove the pot from the heat and add lemon juice, coconut aminos, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with fresh herbs like cilantro or mint. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.