Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
With ingredients like chicken bone broth, ginger, and turmeric — this Chicken Quinoa Vegetable soup is a healthy immune-boosting, gut-healing, and anti-inflammatory comfort food. It’s ready in about 30 minutes for the perfect weeknight dinner and can be meal prepped and frozen.
I never used to like soup… Until I learned how to make it flavorful! This is one of my favorite soups to make, especially because I know how nourishing it is to my body.
In addition to its incredible flavor, I also love this Healing Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup recipe because it is:
- Easy: Incredibly simple ingredients, a large pot, and around 30-40 minutes is all it takes.
- Healthy: Chicken bone broth, ginger, garlic, turmeric, vegetables… So healthy!
- Customizable: Feel free to add in your favorite vegetables or use rice instead of quinoa.
- Freezer friendly: I freeze this recipe for meal prep all the time! I like to use reusable glass containers.
- Perfect for cold/flu: It’s an easy meal to have stocked in the wintertime for extra immune support.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED FOR THIS HEALING CHICKEN QUINOA VEGETABLE SOUP?
- Chicken bone broth: Bone broth is rich in immune-boosting and gut-healing amino acids. My favorite brand is Bonafide Provisions. You can find it in the freezer section or you can get it on Amazon here. The ingredients are incredible and they are certified organic.
- Avocado oil: A healthy and clean eating cooking oil. It has a high smoke point, unlike olive oil. Get it on Amazon here.
- Vegetables: You’ll need a yellow onion, carrots, celery, and baby spinach.
- Ginger: Ginger brings flavor into this soup and is considered an anti-inflammatory and healing to the gut.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is also an anti-inflammatory, but it’s more than just that. It’s an overall healing superfood.
- Garlic: Garlic is high in sulfur which is a glutathione booster. This helps to detoxify your body.
- Organic chicken: You can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts. I like to use thighs because they tend to be softer and more flavorful. I get high quality organic free-range chicken delivered to my door with ButcherBox. Click here to get a special offer with your first box!
- Quinoa: I like to use quinoa, but you could also use rice. Or leave it out. It’s totally up to you.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice brings a little needed acidity for balance and brightness in this dish.
- Coconut Aminos: I like to add a splash of coconut aminos for some more flavor. It’s a clean eating soy sauce alternative. Get it on Amazon here.
- You can get all of these organic ingredients delivered right to your door with Amazon Fresh.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BONE BROTH
I’ve had digestion issues my whole life, and because the gut is known as “the second brain”, it had a direct connection to my anxiety and mental health. Any time I could feel my gut out of whack, I would also be having intense anxiety.
I’ve learned to listen to my body over the years, and ever since learning about the gut-healing benefits of bone broth — I’ve been hooked. I’ve still got a ways to go with my gut health, but I’ve definitely come a long way.
My favorite brand is Bonafide Provisions. You can find it frozen, that way they don’t have to use any preservatives. The ingredients are super simple, and they are certified organic.
GUT HEALTH AND IMMUNE SUPPORT
The collagen and amino acids in bone broth help to repair and strengthen the lining of the gut. 70% of the immune system is found in the gut, so a healthy gut is a healthy immune system.
Gelatin and collagen in bone broth help to rebuild connective tissue, ease joint pain, reduce inflammation, and strengthen the overall skeletal system.
SKIN, HAIR, & NAILS
As we age, collagen production slows down. The collagen in bone broth provides building blocks for healthy and beautiful hair, skin, and nails. It’s a beauty superfood.
Because the gut is known as “the second brain”, gut-healing foods like bone broth can support the brain in many ways.
WANT TO TRY THIS HEALING CHICKEN QUINOA VEGETABLE SOUP?
Pin to your dinner or healthy recipe board to save for later!
Find me on PINTEREST for more great recipes, and wellness tips!
If you try this recipe, please tag me @purelyflourish on Instagram. I’d love to see your recreations!!Print
This Chicken Quinoa Vegetable soup is a healthy immune-boosting, gut healing, and anti-inflammatory comfort food. It’s ready in under 30 minutes for the perfect weeknight dinner and can be meal prepped and frozen.
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound pasture-raised chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2-inch piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6–8 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 large handful’s fresh baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Fresh herbs like cilantro or mint, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the the chicken thighs to the pot and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook another 2 minutes. Add the rinced quinoa and cook for 1 minute, letting the quinoa soak up the flavor. Pour in 6 cups of chicken bone broth, adding more if needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks, then return the chicken back to the pot.
- Turn the heat off and add lemon juice, coconut aminos, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with fresh herbs like cilantro or mint. Enjoy!
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides and additives.