The turmeric that’s in this Golden Milk is what gives it that vibrant golden color. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich spice which makes it super protective and healing to the body.
- 1 1/2 cups milk (unsweetened almond milk, full-fat coconut milk, or organic grass-fed cows milk)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger root powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp raw local honey (or 1 tsp pure maple syrup or a dash of stevia leaf extract. Start with less and add more per sweetness preference)
1. Warm the milk on the stovetop.
2. Once warm, add in the rest of the ingredients except the sweetener.
3. Stir until smooth and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add in sweetener once cooled enough to drink.
5. Enjoy immediately 🧡
- Turmeric has the tendency to stain just about anything since the pigment in turmeric is used for natural dyes. Be careful not to stain your countertops, hands, and kitchenware. It will eventually fade, but you can also try adding baking soda to some water to form a thick paste. This may help to scrub the surface clean.
- Feel free to play around and be creative with this recipe. You can add in adaptogens like ashwagandha, collagen powder, more spices, and you can even use bone broth instead of milk.
- Organic is always better. 🙂
Keywords: golden milk, beverages, turmeric