This 5 ingredient gluten-free and refined sugar-free apple crisp has a little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty, and a whole lot of goodness.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish with butter or ghee.
- To make oat flour: Add 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats to a blender or food processor. Process until it resembles flour. Set aside.
- Cut 3 tbsp butter into small cubes. In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, remaining rolled oats, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Use fingers to cut butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is distributed and the mixture is crumbly. Once the mixture is crumbly, gently mix in 3 tbsp maple syrup. Set aside mixture in the refrigerator.
- Peel and chop apples into bite sized cubes, then add the apples into the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbsp butter. In a small bowl, add in the melted butter, 4 tbsp oat flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and the remaining 3 tbsp maple syrup. Stir to combine, then pour over the apples. Toss to coat.
- Remove the crumble from the refrigerator and sprinkle evenly on top of the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden. Enjoy right away and serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream if desired.
- If you do not have a blender to make homemade oat flour, simply use 1 cup rolled oats, and 1 cup store bought oat flour.
- Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides.
Keywords: dessert, apple, gluten-free, sugar-free