This 5 ingredient gluten-free and refined sugar-free blueberry crisp is the taste of mid-summer. It’s quick and simple, sweet, but not too sweet, and full of healthy antioxidants.
FOR THE OAT FLOUR
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
FOR THE FILLING
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish (like this 7 x 11 dish) with butter or ghee.
MAKE THE OAT FLOUR
Add 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats to a blender or food processor. Process until it resembles flour. Set aside.
MAKE THE CRUMBLE
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour (all but 4 tablespoons), rolled oats, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cut 3 tablespoons of butter into small cubes. Then, use fingers to cut butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is distributed and the mixture is crumbly. Once the mixture is crumbly, gently mix in 1/4 cup maple syrup. Set aside mixture in the refrigerator.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. In a large bowl, add in the melted butter, 4 tablespoons of reserved oat flour, vanilla extract, and the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup. Whisk to combine, then gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Add the blueberry mixture into the prepared baking dish.
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Remove the crumble mixture from the refrigerator and sprinkle evenly on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until the crumble is golden. Enjoy right away and serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream if desired.
Always try to opt for certified USDA organic ingredients to avoid toxic pesticides.
Keywords: blueberry crisp, blueberry, dessert